Saturday, May 9, 2009

City of New York Giving More Tickets--UPDATE

As mentioned in a previous post, I received a ticket that claimed I had "improperly displayed plates'," violation of Traffic Rule 4-08(j)(2). I finally got around to fighting it, and sure enough it was dismissed, but dismissed not because I made a point about how messed up the charge was, but the ticket just happened to have errors on it that made it defective. In other words, the ticket cited the wrong state regarding my license plate which made the ticket immediately dismissable. I was relieved to say the least, but still, it is ridiculous that I had to take two hours out of my day to go wait on line and fight it.
But it kind of makes you wonder who these traffic police really are. I mean, how hard is it to get the state of a license plate right? After all, how can you confuse this






for this?







That's like calling apples oranges.

No comments: