Friday, October 3, 2008

Cham! Ritual Dances of Bhutan Pics (part 3)

I mentioned before that I'd post some pics from my visit to the Rubin Museum. If you do visit yourself, keep in mind that it's OK to snap shots on the 2nd floor, but that's the only place. The new exhibit, The Dragon's Gift: The Sacred Arts of Bhutan isn't on the 2nd floor.

There's an incredible collection of art here. Sculptures that date as far back as the 2nd Century AD (and from places as far away as Pakistan and Afghanistan)! Here are a few that I liked (I apologize for not including the
descriptions):




This is 25-year old Sangay Coden, a weaver in residence visiting from Bhutan. Read more about her and her weaving here. The pic on the right are examples of the weaving (done by her I suspect ).
Rubin Museum of Art
150 W. 17th St. (Manhattan--not Flushing or even Queens, but definitely worth a look!)
212-650-5000
*Closed Tuesdays




Rubin Museum of Art
The Dragon's Gift (thru January 5, 2009)
150 W. 17th St. (Manhattan--not Flushing or even Queens, but definitely worth a look!)
212-650-5000
*Closed Tuesdays


No comments: